BEFORE YOU START
Our pictorials are of informative nature and do illustrate works carried by ourselves at our own premises for our own use and satisfaction.
Readers who envisage to carry out similar works inspired by the below method shall do this at their own risks and liability.
Lead-acid battery water level adjustment pictorial
- Remove the plugs of all six compartments at a time by turning them slightly to the left and pulling them up.
- The liquid level should be covering those vertical plates you see within each compartment.
- If this is the case, all is fine and it is great time to top up the level, if not you will still complete the level but the battery would have been damaged and its life shortened.
- The purpose is therefore to continuously keep the plates covered with electrolyte.
- Use only distilled water. Do not be temped to use tap water.
- Simply pour water into the concerned compartment. Use a small funnel if needed. Do so by adding a small quantity each time and checking that the liquid has touched the bottom of the plastic walls which indicate the right level.
- A specific tool exists and will make your work even easier especially if you have several batteries.