BEFORE YOU START
Our pictorials are of informative nature and do illustrate works carried by ourselves at our own premises for our own use and satisfaction.
Readers who envisage to carry out similar works inspired by the below method shall do this at their own risks and liability.
- Connect the soldering iron to power.
- Wait 2 minutes and check the solder melts immediately upon contact with the iron tip.
- Tin the wires and the battery terminals. Do not overheat the battery terminals or heat them for a long time. The solder should be applied very briefly and the iron removed as soon as the solder sticks to the terminal.
- Hold the tinned wire in one hand and the iron with the other and briefly let the solder melt on both wire and terminal to fix them together.
- Check the final result. The solder should have no holes, be smooth and shaped like a hump.
- Follow the below steps for reassembling:
Test the torch and recharge it for not less than 12 hours for this first battery use and then 8 hours at each recharge.