BEFORE YOU START
Our pictorials are of informative nature and do illustrate works carried by ourselves at our own premises for our own use and satisfaction.
Readers who envisage to carry out similar works inspired by the below method shall do this at their own risks and liability.
- A Schuko outlet is round and includes earth connectors.
- It is very easy to distinguish (left) from American sockets (right) in the below picture to the right.
- Specific Shucko multipliers are available. This one provides 3 grounded Schukos.
- It has itself a Schuko plug that goes into the wall socket.
- The result is safe and elegant.
- The cables are parallel and the sockets remain vertical not to accumulate dust.
- You can also multiply a Schuko into non grounded sockets for table lamps, phone chargers, etc.
- It is always a Schuko plug on the other side, without ground conductors in this case.
Do not use these multipliers with non parallel and non vertical outlets. They are a source of fire!
See also our pages for adding a power outlet and multiplying switches